When most people think of a bath, they think of a warm, relaxing tub full of water with possibly some candles, a glass of their favorite drink and some ambient music however a spiritual bath is something different.
This may be your first time hearing the idea of a spiritual bath but don’t feel left out. Many people have no idea that something like this existed. There are so many ways you can take a spiritual bath. If there was ever a time you took the time to soak in a bath with a little more intent than just getting clean, then you might have already taken the steps towards one of these.
Spiritual baths have been used in many cultures to cleanse the soul, clear the mind, and ultimately heal the chakras with an intention to heal the spirit. The idea of a spiritual bath is said to help clear any blockage that can lead to more serious illnesses.
These baths start with a clean and clutter-free tub. The water used in many cultures is sacred and pure. Additions to the bath are herbs, flowers, incense, and most of all an intention and prayer. The time spent in the tub should be a time without a phone or laptop nearby. It is a time to unplug and focus on your internal spiritual healing.
ost people choose the intent of clearing pathways and doing away with negative situations that have been holding them back. Cleansing the spirit to attract positivity and the added bonus is that it is relaxing.
There is no set way to take a spiritual bath. Each bath is prepared and set to each individual's needs, but if you find yourself needing assistance, below you will find some steps that other’s have taken to create a great spiritual bath experience.
- If you wish, take a shower before soaking since this will clean you and the intent of the bath will be strictly to relax and clear the blockages.
- Make sure that the tub you are using is clean and relaxing. Make the bathroom your sacred space for this time. Light some candles, burn some aromatherapy oils and/or incense.
- Decide on the intention of the bath. The energy you give to this bath is what you will get back.
- Fill the tub with clean water and add your additions such as oils, flowers, and the ever-popular Himalayan sea salt. Himalayan sea salts are known for the healing properties and the ability to draw out toxins and any impurities out of the body.
- You can choose to be in silence or have meditation or relaxing sounds playing.
- Spend 20-30 minutes in your spiritual bath.
Should you try it?
Truly, it's totally up to you. Spiritual baths can be helpful for anyone. Taking this small amount of time out of your day can certainly help you relax and regain some balance in your life. Anytime we find ourselves feeling overwhelmed, it is important to take time for ourselves so a break like this can be helpful. This can be something you want to include into your weekly routine or during your day of self-care.
HAVE YOU HAD A SPIRITUAL BATH BEFORE? IF SO, WHAT DO YOU DO?