In this episode, Marcelle Craig LPC join Amber Dee on the couch to dive into How Mothers Shape Your Future Self.
Marcelle Craig, LMFT: Marcelle Craig is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who specializes in “teletherapy.” Marcelle has a strong clinical background and extensive experience working with adolescents, young adults, and families. Her goal is to provide alternative perspectives to bring peace in your life, motivate you into new behaviors and realistic goals, and provide psychoeducation techniques to create healthy dynamics surrounding you. Reach out to her for services here: Marcelle J Craig, LMFT
In this episode:
- Becoming a new mother
- Your experience shaping your parenting style
- Traits that you have picked up from your mother
- Impact of black culture and parenting
- How critical parenting can show up in your adult life
- How to model and be open with your children
- It's not about you. It's about their journey
- Mothers can be projecting on to you
- It's not always ill intention
- Even though as parents, we give so much, we might not receive anything in return
- Be willing to hear when you mess up
- We are still growing
Remember, your mental health is wealth.